Tuesday, March 7, 2023

A T H L E T E S P O T L I G H T - JAHAN DENNIS!

 A T H L E T E  S P O T L I G H T - JAHAN DENNIS!






Jahan is 8 years old, and he's been diagnosed with expressive language disorder, Autism, ADHD, Anxiety and Auditory Processing Disorder. He's been playing sports since the age of 4. He's played mostly all sports like basketball, soccer and baseball. 

Since moving here in 2019, we've had the joy of knowing that there were activities for children with the same disabilities as it was so difficult to find in other areas. Miracle Park and the Miracle League have been such a blessing for my family and to blend in with like children and their families as we are all a big blended family sharing the same love for the league and the park. Miracle league baseball has opened him up to express himself and give himself a lot more confidence socially. 

I can not finish without mentioning Ms. Terry! If it wasn't for her, I don't know what I would do! She is such a big reason for me to get him diagnosed. The first time we met her, Jahan was 4 years old. We were really new to the area, and she directed me to where I could get more help with where I needed to go and who to see. 

In addition to baseball, his favorite things to do are reading, running, go to car shows, and playing Roblox and Minecraft. 



Submitted by Armeen Green, Jahan's mom

No comments:

Post a Comment