Thursday, May 7, 2020

Featured Future Athlete- Charlie

Hi! I'm Charlie. 

I'm 5 years old and excited to start Kindergarten in the fall! An inclusive playground opened near my house awhile ago and it is my FAVORITE place on earth. I have Down syndrome and need a little help to do the same things my typical buddies get to enjoy. Because of this playground, I get to have fun alongside typical kids! I watch them and learn from them, and they are encouraged by me, too! One new friend gave me the courage to climb up a steep ladder for the very first time without any help from my mom! I used to be afraid of slides, but this inclusive place instantly gave me the confidence I needed! That's why Miracle Park is so important to me and my family. Nothing on this scale exists in our area today. Miracles really will happen here as kids and adults of all abilities learn and play together. I can't wait to see you there and give you a big high five!

Love,
Charlie



No comments:

Post a Comment